One of my wedding business students emailed me last week.
“I have a great offer — thanks to your help! Now, what do I do? How many times can I post it without being obnoxious or burning myself out?”
It’s a brilliant question to ask.
Here’s the scenario:
You have an amazing product or service. People love it.
But how do you get more of them to find you?
There are hundreds of ways to promote your wedding business, and you can find a marketing guru to teach you their favorite strategy.
This can make it seem very complicated! Which is why so many end up doing NOTHING.
(Kiss of death for your wedding business, by the way.)
The answer boils down to answering some questions that make it very, very simple.
Question #1 – What are the money-making activities in your wedding business?
If you want to know why most wedding pros aren’t making as much money as they’d like, it’s because they’re not taking money-making actions.
Emphasis on the phrase money-making.
Oh, they’re doing lots of things…
Organizing photos, practicing their mixing skills, preparing itineraries for upcoming weddings…
These are important things to do, absolutely.
But do they directly make you money?
And you’d likely be doing them anyway because if you don’t fulfill your obligations as a wedding pro, you won’t be in business for long.
That’s not what you need to be focusing on.
We’re talking about high leverage, money-making actions that bring you…
More Leads. More Sales. More Business.
Actions such as:
- Bridal shows — and follow up emails, calls and mailings afterward
- Strategic blogging that attracts website visitors
- Real wedding submissions
- Paid advertising such as Facebook Ads or Google Adwords
- Networking with other wedding professionals and referral partners, online and off
- Creating content (videos, articles, photos, etc.) and promoting it
- Following up with the leads you’ve already got
- Creating a referral program for past clients
(This is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to money-making actions for your wedding business. If your favorite isn’t on the list, add it!)
Consistently doing the things that make money = making more money.
Not doing things that make money = not making more money.
I told you it was simple, right?
Question #2 – What 3 actions, if you took them each day, would make you money?
Once you’ve identified the money-making actions in your business, pick 3 and do them every work day.
Consider what’s worked in the past and what’s working now. It’s easier to double down on what’s already proven than to try something new.
Choose the actions that would be most fun and easy for you.
Which of these actions are most suited to your strengths and interests?
Question #3 – What’s fun routine can you create to do tasks daily?
Pick your favorite 3 and do them daily at a pace you can do consistently.
- Share one photo, video or tip in a social media post each day — including a call to action at the end.
- Connect with one new potential wedding referral partner each day on LinkedIn and send them a message inviting them to a chat.
- Follow up with one past inquiry who hasn’t booked you yet. (Yes, follow up again.)
Start small and simple. The 3 actions above can be completed in 30 minutes if you’re smart about it.
Write down your Big 3 Marketing in specific detail. Make these your daily Marketing To Dos.
The 30 Day Wedding Marketing Experiment
I have a challenge for you. Are you ready for it?
Commit to taking these 3 actions every day for 30 days.
Do you think that will result in more leads and sales?
You bet it will. And it will add up to thousands in your bank account.
You can thank me later.