Sometimes I treat my business like an old work horse.
When things are going well, I keep pushing her. “C’mon, Bessie! Go, go, go!”
When things aren’t going so well, I curse and swear and threaten to turn her in for a new model.
In the toughest moments and the busiest times, it’s important to come back to GRATITUDE.
Having a business is a lot like building a relationship; it needs care, attention and feeding. It needs LOVE.
What would you do if you truly loved your business? Not just what it lets you do?
What would you do if you were truly grateful for it?
I have 3 gifts to offer you this holiday season. They’re for you — of course — but they’re also gifts for your clients and for your business itself.
#1 – The Gift of Gratitude
Gratitude is one of the greatest contributors to happiness. It’s also the easiest to cultivate.
All it takes is these two words:
Gratitude can turn a bad day into a good one. It can transform a disgruntled customer into a happy one.
It reminds you of what you’re really here to do in the first place.
Actions to shower your business with gratitude:
- Write down 10 things you’re grateful for about your business. Then write 10 more. And 10 more.
- Take a moment to tell your business that you’re grateful for it. Out loud. Really feel it.
- Write a handwritten note to 5 people associated with your business and tell them what you appreciate about them. Bonus: deliver the note and read it in person.
#2 – The Gift of Cash Flow.
The holidays are an interesting time in the wedding business. Many times couples will put a hold on their planning until after the New Year.
It’s not uncommon to have a lull in sales.
Well, here’s a fun way to give yourself the gift of more sales…and create some happy clients in the process.
Here’s how it works:
- Give yourself a raise for the next year. (You know it’s time!)
- Contact all your active leads letting them know that a price increase is coming soon — they can still take advantage of your old prices if they book now.
- Provide a deadline that’s no more than seven days from now and send at least 3 reminders. The final one should be 24 hours notice.
#3 – The Gift of Fun
At the end of a long, tiring wedding season, it’s time to reward yourself — and your business — with some playtime.
What could you create that would be so FUN that the money would have to follow?
Most of the time we’re so busy focusing on how to make the money that we forget about the inspiration, creativity and fun that made us want to do this crazy entrepreneurial thing in the first place!
- Ask yourself the question, “What would be so fun to create that the money would have to follow?”
- Brainstorm 10 ideas in all price ranges from free to high end.
- Pick one and create it.
Choose one, two or all three of these gifts. Then let me know what happens.
Yours in love and prosperity,
More Articles Like This:
Two Words For Referrals and Rave Reviews