I unearthed some interesting Pinterest stats the other day that reveal why you should seriously consider using Pinterest to promote your wedding business.
I know, I know. Just what we need: another social media platform to hang ourselves from.
While I don’t recommend chasing every new kid on the block, Pinterest is worth a look…especially for wedding photographers, videographers and planners. Use that photo, video and decor inspiration to show off your expertise and win over those brides!
Check out this handy-dandy little infographic that makes the data a little more fun to look at.
- Pinterest has over 11.7 million unique monthly US visitors.
- 80% of Pinterest users are women.
- The most popular age group on Pinterest is 25-34 year olds.
- Women are five times more likely to use Pinterest and almost twice as likely to be college-educated.
- 69% of online consumers who visit Pinterest have discovered an item they’ve bought or want to buy, compared with only 40% of Facebook users.
- Pinterest referrals spend 70% more money than visitors referred from non-social channels.
If your target brides include affluent, college educated women age 25-34, there’s a really good chance, a really, really good chance, you can find them on Pinterest.
What do you think about Pinterest?
If you'd like to get more free information and strategies like this, join our Wedding Business Tips email list here.